Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Crazy days

We have a ridiculously busy month ahead! Myles started swimming lessons yesterday, which he'll go to every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday for the next four weeks. After just one day of it, I'm already exhausted. I have to leave my office at 5:00 sharp to pick him up. We then truck to another part of town that there is absolutely no easy way to get to (translation: 40 min. in the car). Once we arrive, I quickly get him into his swim trunks, he gets in the pool at 6:00 for his 15-min. lesson and we get back in the car for the 20-min. ride home. Last night, we didn't arrive home until nearly 7:00 and dinner was not even started!!

I need to come up with a plan for managing this. Tonight, we're picking up pizza. But I can't do that three times a week!! I'm thinking I'll cook extra on Sunday night so that we have leftovers for Monday. But that doesn't help with Thursdays. Plus, by 7:00, Myles is ready to eat NOW. And I still need to get in my run, which is almost daily now since it's too hot here to do more than 2 miles at a time.

I'm tired just thinking about it. I need a run...and maybe some wine!

4 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

Our lessons are Tu & Th from 6pm to 6:45pm, so I feel your pain!!! It's a hard time. I plan to "crock pot" these two days.

~~Mel~~ said...

Oh man...you are crazy busy!

What if you packed a few snacks for Myles to eat on the way home from swimming and then had a light dinner?

Debby said...

The snack plan is a great idea. I do that on the days we have dance lessons & then dinner is EASY..grilled cheese sandwiches or pizza....chicken nuggets...something you can make with minimal fuss.

Jenna said...

Thanks guys! I love the snack idea! I'll be doing that on Monday! :)