Friday, April 24, 2009

Empty-headed lately

I haven't had too much to say this week when it comes to being a parent. This is probably because I don't think I've been a very good one the past several days. We have been tossed head first into the throes of the Terrible Threes and I am L-O-S-T. My sweet, curious, entertaining boy has turned quickly into a defiant, button-pushing, not so innocent person that I feel I hardly know. No matter what we ask him to do, the answer is no. Likewise, anytime we need him to get moving on something, we are ignored. And the only thing that he will respond to at all is either sternly saying "You're not listening" or calling him Lampie, who is the bad boy on Pinocchio that turns into a donkey. He hates being called Lampie.

I am exhausted! My child has moments where I stare in awe...and not in a good way. His temper tantrums are back, including hitting himself, screaming, slamming doors and doing whatever else he can to take out his frustration and/or get attention. When does he turn four???

3 comments:

Debby said...

I'm sorry.....I barely survived the 3's with Jami. So far....4 is FABULOUS!!! No consolation to you though...

You can out last him...you can..you can...you can!!!

~~Mel~~ said...

I so remember the terrible threes! I'm sorry...you will get through this.

Yellow Beads said...

The sweet boy will be back soon, just hang in there!