Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mean words

Myles has been obsessed lately with the word "stupid." He tried saying it at school a few weeks back and was told by a teacher that it is not a nice word and that he shouldn't ever say it to someone. Well, that was enough to pique his interest and he's been nonstop ever since. We wondered where he heard it and finally realized it was on the movie Pinocchio. Every time he hears it, his ears perk up and he immediately gets wide-eyed. "That man said stupid, mommy," he'll remark. "That's not nice...no, no!"

It's actually really hilarious. Of course, I have to keep a straight face when he scolds the character on TV because he is oh-so-serious when he does. But it is funny that he's become so obsessed.

He also tells me daily about a classmate, who apparently says the word stupid every day. "T. said stupid, mommy!" Of course, I have to ask him what Ms. Monique said. And it's the same every day..."No no, T. Don't you say stupid, T."

I never thought I'd be so amused and interested by such conversations. But I am. And I have them every single day. This is the life of the mom of a 3 year-old.

3 comments:

The life of a PTO Mom said...

Don't EVER start him on SpongeBob! Stupid is his fave adjective! My kids are finally old enough to know that I do not condone the usage of the word, so they can seperate watching the show without repeating the words......but, still avoid spongebob at all costs

~~Mel~~ said...

Stupid was a bad word in my house for many years...until Riley hit school age and told me all the other kids say it lol.

My son had a potty mouth at 3 years old (wonder where he got that) and I had to talk to him about the "F" word...it's actually a pretty funny story that I should blog about sometime.

Debby said...

Jenna....We went to the Lowery Zoo in Tampa. It is off of 285 / Sligh Ave Exit.
Very nice zoo. We have an annual pass. They have 2 areas for water play. Pony rides, camel rides, a sky ride. They have a new mini coaster (Jami can ride it) & a mini log flume (need to be 42").
I get the girls unlimited ride bands. There are never any lines, so this lets them ride whatever they ride, as much as they want. Otherwise, it's $2 for this ride (once) & $3 for this ride (once). The daily ride pass is approx $15...well worth it (although we do ours in conjunction with our annual pass).
You can feed & pet the farm animals, feed the Lorikeets (birds), feed the giraffes, & feed the Stingrays.
It is VERY CROWDED on Ride free days & $5 days...so avoid those times.