Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Movin' on up!

I had a note in my box yesterday that Myles is being "promoted" to the three year-old classroom! The big holdup was his potty training...they even moved two kids younger than him up in January! But now that we're over that hump and he is no longer having accidents (and going on his own without being asked), he's officially ready!

April 27 is the big day for him and I know it will be hard. Once we got past our issues in December (see old blog posts), things really looked up and Myles has become very close with his teachers. They told me yesterday they H-A-T-E to see him go. From what I gather, he does a good job of entertaining the young ones in the class (who have just turned 2) and they also say he comforts all of the kids when they are sad or hurt.

For me though, this is a good thing. Although the teachers have been great, I'm ready for Myles to be more challenged and I think being with older kids will be good for him. The curriculum in the twos class is written for twos. For several months now, Myles has shown signs of boredom. He will now learn new skills and once again be one of the youngest in the class, meaning he'll learn from his peers.

My big boy is really all grown up!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Awww, what a big boy! That is so wonderful though!
Thanks for checking out my new blog. I am really enjoying wordpress. But there are a bunch of blogs over here that I really enjoy reading (yours included) so I won't be straying too far!

Debby said...

Yea for Myles!!! Hopefully, he will like being back in the class with his old friends.

When Jami moved up to the 3 yr old room, she still needed to go into her 2 yr old room to greet her teachers & then about 10 min after that, she'd be OK to go into the other room.

Good luck!!

~~Mel~~ said...

Congrats on the big move!

For some reason when Riley went to the 3 year old room it really aged him...so be prepared for that to happen with Myles. Even toddlers can sometimes still seem babyish...but at 3 and 4 they get so darn independent.

The Kelly Family said...

Woo hoo, so happy to hear that Myles has successfully been potty trained and is ready to move into the 3-year old class! It's also so nice to know that he shows concern for the younger kids when they are sad or hurt, how sweet:)