Friday, May 8, 2009

100th post

I guess I'm supposed to write 100 things about myself. Gosh...not even sure where to start. Or if anyone really cares. But I'll do it anyway...please leave a comment if you do get through these!

1. I am a born again Christian.
2. I will celebrate my 10-year wedding anniversary in September '09.
3. I did not have a "real" wedding...we just did it.
4. I really believe I'm married to my soul mate, although Billy and I are complete opposites.
5. I received a Bachelor's degree 10 years ago in Advertising/PR.
6. I currently work in internal communication.
7. I've never been at a job for more than 2 years and 2 months.
8. I tried being a SAHM and it wasn't for me.
9. My dream job was to be the PR director for an NHL hockey team.
10. I am a huge hockey fan, after growing up watching the sport with my dad.
11. I am the oldest of 3 children.
12. I fit perfectly into the "oldest child" stereotype.
13. I have one brother and one sister.
14. I am proud mom to Myles, my beautiful three year-old.
15. I've been pregnant 3 times.
16. I've finally made up my mind that I'd like one more child...hoping for 2010!
17. I have no preference whether I have a boy or a girl.
18. I think being a mom is the hardest job in the world (really).
19. I volunteer in my church every other week teaching 4 year-olds.
20. I don't get to church nearly enough to actually hear the sermon.
21. I never feel like there are enough hours in the day.
22. Most people think I'm organized, but I usually feel disorganized.
23. I wish I lived in a slightly bigger house (like, one extra bedroom).
24. My house always has work to be finished and it drives me crazy.
25. I took up running about a year and a half ago.
26. Running is the first real hobby I've had.
27. I ran my first 5k in April 2008 and my first 10k in March 2009.
28. My goal is to do another 10k in October '09 and actually get a descent time.
29. Some day, I'd love to run a half-marathon.
30. I always feel like I need to lose 5-10 pounds.
31. At 32, I'm in the best shape of my life (but I could still stand to lose five!).
32. I dress fairly conservatively.
33. If I had the money, I'd be much, much trendier in dress!
34. I am extremely frugal and keep a very detailed budget.
35. I was born in Texas and currently live in Florida.
36. I am not a fan of Florida, mostly because of the weather.
37. If I could live anywhere, it would be the Pacific NW.
38. One of my dreams is to have a home in the NW to live in during the summer and a home down south for the winter.
39. Another huge goal is to visit all 50 U.S. states.
40. Currently, I've been to 28 states and counting.
41. I am terrified of flying.
42. I have only been to one foreign country...Canada.
43. For our 10-year anniversary this year, I'd love to go to Peru. I need to get over the flying fear first though.
44. For a long time, I did not want kids.
45. I feel very disconnected at times with my childless friends.
46. I actually have very few friends.
47. I am blessed with a group of women in my neighborhood who have become like a second family to me.
48. I hate to read.
49. I love doing SuDoku puzzles.
50. I change my hair color about once per year. It's currently brown.
51. In high school, my nickname was Barbie (I looked very different).
52. I competed in beauty pageants in high school and early college.
53. I played the piano for over 10 years.
54. I've forgotten almost all I once knew in piano.
55. I don't watch much TV but am currently into The Tudors.
56. My favorite show is Mad Men, and I can't wait for Season 3!
57. I think I have a dry sense of humor.
58. I am a very good writer.
59. I am an average public speaker.
60. I am very insecure about my looks and body.
61. I am an extreme introvert.
62. Driving stresses me out.
63. One of my pet peeves is people not using turn signals when driving!!!
64. I have never been inside a limousine.
65. I have never eaten fish (nor will I ever!).
66. I used to have a serious jealousy problem but was relieved of it by God's grace.
67. I love going to the theatre.
68. I hate hearing live bands so never go to concerts.
69. I require at least 7.5 hours of sleep to be productive.
70. I am a proud political conservative.
71. I'm one of the few who will actually admit that I like Sarah Palin.
72. My career aspirations are much lower than they were 5 years ago.
73. My biggest goal is to be a fantastic wife and mother.
74. I love the spa but am too cheap to ever go. It's my Mother's Day request. :)
75. I do indulge in a 30-min. massage each month, given by massage therapists that come to my workplace for $1/minute.
76. I am beyond addicted to Diet Coke.
77. I am even more addicted to chocolate.
78. I could eat Mexican food every night of the week.
79. I currently have two pets.
80. These are the last pets I plan to have.
81. I'm thinking of training to compete in a triathlon before I'm 35.
82. My favorite music is from the 80s.
83. My favorite movies are Bridget Jones's Diary and The Devil Wears Prada.
84. My favorite holiday is Christmas.
85. My favorite season is winter.
86. My least favorite season is summer.
87. I do not enjoy the beach.
88. I love the mountains and the cool air.
89. My parents are both alive and I feel I have a very good relationship with them.
90. I wish we saw more of my in-laws.
91. I currently have 2 nephews and a niece and will have a nephew born in July and another niece or nephew in November.
92. I plan to sleep in on Mother's Day. It's what I look forward to the most!
93. I love burning candles throughout my house.
94. I have a hard time sitting still.
95. I very much admire my boss and will admit she's the #1 reason I am still at my current job.
96. I wish my company would offer a 4-day workweek of 10-hour days.
97. I'm very content with my life.
98. But I'm always striving to "tweak" things.
99. I've been through a lot in life but always come through it. It's only been by God's grace.
100. I greatly appreciate you if you have made it this far! :)

There you have it!

4 comments:

Debby said...

What a cool read. I might have to try & do that on my Blog...if I ever get to 100 posts.

I think I actually knew most of that stuff about you already.....
Except Peru???? You want to go there this year?? Nothing against Peru, but I don't know that would even make my top 20....=)

George E. Devitt said...

Loved your list! DO NOT lose five pounds! I'm not even sure where you'd lose it, so don't!

We were married the same month of the same year...what day did you get married. Our tenth anniversary is September 18th.

What is your 10K time? Let me know if you want to run together.

~~Mel~~ said...

I read them all!

First off, where in Canada did you visit?

Second, you have massage therapists that come to your work??? I'm VERY jealous!

Anonymous said...

I Love you ;D