Friday, June 12, 2009

Welcome to summer

I live in Florida. Therefore, I despise the summertime and live for winter. Our 70-degree days from December through February are far more appealing than the 95-plus-degree heat we feel from June through September. And if I had it my way, I'd be out of here in favor of the Pacific Northwest from about May 1 through November 1.

I digress though. There are some nice things about the summer despite the blazing heat that nearly melts your skin. Vacations are #1 and Myles was on one w/ my parents for the past week. He did Disney's Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Blizzard Beach (the closest we get to snow down here) and spent many other days in the resort pool. Below are some pictures from his fun week. All I can say is I'm glad he's home!
Myles at Animal Kingdom









Myles and a snowbaby at Blizzard Beach










Myles and my dad in the resort pool

2 comments:

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

Oh my, I so know what you mean! Bring on December...and fast!

~~Mel~~ said...

How can you not love summer?? lol. Well I guess for me since Winter is brutally cold and lasts 9 months of the year I live for our nice summers.

Looks like Myles had a blast...and I love your new layout!