Sunday, March 15, 2009

The weekend...Disney, a 10k and more!

I had a 3-day weekend from work to celebrate my big boy's third birthday. Myles turned 3 on Friday the 13th and we took advantage of the free admission on your birthday promotion at Walt Disney World. What fun we had!

Myles has been to Disney about 4-5 times. This time, he showed his first interest in meeting the characters. He met Mickey, Minnie, Ariel, Peter Pan and Captain Hook. He saw about a dozen others in the parade and the show they have at the Castle.

Of course, we rode as many rides as we could (including Big Thunder Mountain, which he is FINALLY talk enough to ride), but the lines were long and the temperature was hot at around 85 degrees. We ended the 10-hour day at the park by spending time in Ariel's Grotto, where kids run around in a soft play area with water shooting out of the ground. It was a perfect ending to a perfect birthday for Myles.

When he fell asleep on the ride home, I wished him one last happy birthday and cried at how much deeper my love grows for him with each passing birthday.

Also this weekend, I completed my first official 10k Saturday morning. The long day at Disney and my lingering sickness did not help me turn in a stellar time, but I finished in 69 min. 6 sec., which is certainly acceptable considering the limitations I was dealing with. I did have to do some walking...approximately a half mile, but I'm proud I finished and can't wait to score a better time (like under 65 min.) next time around! Here's a link to a photo of me coming up to the finish line at 6.2 miles.

4 comments:

Debby said...

We are going to Disney for Lindsi's birthday in May. I'm expecting hot & crowded....(darn!)

Great accomplishment on your 10K!!!!

Way to go.....

~~Mel~~ said...

Congrats on your first offical 10k...I can't even imagine doing that after spending 10 hours at disney the day before. You must be superwoman!

I bet Myles had a blast on his birthday...he's sure a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenna! I came across your blog and see that you are a Disney fan! I'm not sure how close you are to Sunrise, but Mom Central is hosting an event on 3/26 for the Disney On Ice show. we are having a meet and greet event for mom bloggers and also giving you complimentary tickets for helping us get the word out about the show. Email me back if you are interested! Lauren@momcentral.com

Thanks!

Lauren

Jaime said...

Wow! Well done on the 10 k!! I have only managed a 5k myself, and am terribly impressed by such a huge accomplishment.
And 10 hours at WDW?! Yikes! Glad to hear that it was a blast!
(ps thanks for following my blog :) )