Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My baby is turning 3

This Friday, Myles will be a big 3 year-old! I can't believe it! It doesn't seem so long ago that I was anxiously wondering just what day he'd make his debut. I really have vivid memories of holding my sweet baby as he finished a bottle and drifted off to sleep. I remember the excitement that came with feeding him his first solids. I remember helping him as he learned to walk, talk and think for himself.

Now, there is no holding him and rocking him to sleep. There is no feeding him since he can feed himself...and insists on it. The only "baby" really left are the diapers and we've bought our last package. The daycare expects he'll be fully potty trained for daytime by the end of the month.

What happened to my baby? I ask him this often and he always laughs and gives me one of his many funny faces. At least I still hear "I love you, mommy." I'm sure that will go the way of rocking, feeding and diapers before I know it.

Here's a photo of my big boy from Saturday's birthday party. Below that are pictures from #2 and #1. Somehow, it makes me want to cry.


#3










#2











#1


3 comments:

~~Mel~~ said...

Isn't it bittersweet? I mean you love seeing them grow and learn but sometimes you just want to rock that baby again! Time flies way too fast.

BTW, loved that 1st bday pic...sooo cute!

Jaime said...

9 1/2 months?! Wow, that is early! I keep thinking I am going to come home and he's going to be running around the house. I already don't want to let go of him, and think about when he came home from the hospital and I sang "He's got the whole world" for about 2 hours to try and get him to sleep....

I really can't believe how fast it does go... I love the 1st b-day picture as well... all that icing! lol!

Yellow Beads said...

Happy Birthday Myles!!