Monday, March 30, 2009

The trouble with Mondays

Another Monday has come and my motivation is low. I often think of how nice it would be to have Mondays off. Of course, that would make Tuesday tougher, but I could handle it, knowing there were only four days to work. 

My entire family seems to have issues with Mondays. For Billy and me, no explanation is really needed. We're returning to work. But even Myles seems to feel it. On Monday mornings, I have to practically drag him out of bed. He always wants an extra five, or 15 minutes of sleep. He isn't dripping with excitement about returning to school.

For me, Mondays are also awkward, as I struggle to get back into the work routine. I don't really become productive most weeks until Tuesday. Many of my co-workers are in the lobby outside my office chatting it up about vacations right now. Not a very productive day for them either.

The bottom line is Monday represents the farthest distance from the start of the weekend. It's like being on Mile 1 of a 5-mile run. It sucks, but you endure it, knowing you will eventually get to five. I'm counting the hours this week.

2 comments:

~~Mel~~ said...

Oh boy can I relate. I hate Mondays!

Yellow Beads said...

I had to work myself esterday (intead of my usual Wednesday) and boy, I don't like MOnday's either. It was hard to get focused; I was exhausted by the end of the day. BOO MONDAYS!