Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trick or Treating at work


Billy's company had a trick-or-treating event at the office yesterday afternoon. The employees' kids were invited to come in costume and trick-or-treat around the building while enjoying lots of home-made sweets. Myles went as a dinosaur and we came home with close to 10 pounds of candy...GOOD candy! Nearly everyone had a huge bucket of assorted chocolates and Myles made sure to grab handfuls at several of the stations, especially if they had M&Ms.


Mommy and Daddy also enjoyed some of the food that was brought in...from dirt cups to cupcakes to assorted cookies and brownies. A good time was had by all and I am stealing the idea for my office next year (since these types of events fall within my job description)!

5 comments:

Debby said...

What a great idea. Between Disney & Billy's office, you won't have to buy any candy to give out...just hand out the stuff you won't eat anyways.

Great idea to have this EARLY...lol...=)

Enjoy tomorrow with him.

Debby

Yellow Beads said...

what a cool concept!!!

Melissa B. said...

Dear Superior Scribbler: Sorry for the "canned" and unrelated nature of this comment, but I wanted to get to as many of you tonite as possible. One of the things that we at Scholastic Scribe are most proud of is the Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. Several of you are already familiar with the arbitrary and quite inane weekly attempt at humor...for you, and for those of you who have not yet played Sx3, I urge you to drop by Sunday to see what's up. Oh, and congrats on being named a SS. You earned it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenna,

I really enjoy your blog. I watched an author named Christopher Flett on the Today Show, he wrote a book called "What Men Don't Tell Women About Business" and it shares secrets for women working in business. I thought you might enjoy hearing about him. There could be some great content in their for future posts.

Keep up the great work.

Sincerely,

Bihter

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenna,

I've been doing some additional research on the author, Chris Flett, that I talked about on my last comment. His company is "GhostCEO" (www.GhostCEO.com) and his book is a bestseller. I found it on Amazon here. Anyway, he was in the NY Times last Sunday under the "Career Couch" and he makes reference to women's blogs like yours so I thought you might like to connect. I'd like to see you interview him and see what he's all about. I saw on another blog he was a guest blogger. His email is: chris@ghostceo.com

Best wishes,

Bihter.