Wednesday, July 29, 2009

August.....nooooooo (or yes?)

I hate August. It's because I live in Florida and August is always unbearable here. So when July hits and I start thinking about how close we're coming to August, I always start to cringe (although this July has been hot enough to compete w/ our typical August so how much worse could it get?).

It's also a likely time for a hurricane to hit and it seems to drag on w/ no holidays...just long, hot, miserable days.

This year, however, I have a reason to look forward to it. Billy and I have booked a Caribbean cruise that leaves August 29 and doesn't return until Sept. 6! Our 10-year anniversary falls on Sept. 5 and we decided we would really make it special. Since we never had a honeymoon, or even a real wedding, and since we beat the odds of making it this far when many people thought our marriage would fail, we are thinking we deserve the celebration.

Sadly, we're not taking Myles with us. I struggled badly w/ this decision but Billy really wants this to be our (very) late honeymoon. Who knows...maybe I'll get pregnant again! :)

We've booked an ATV shore excursion in Cozumel, a white water rafting trip in Costa Rica and a sightseeing tour of the Panama Canal and Panama City in Panama. So here's to NO hurricanes in the Caribbean that week.

4 comments:

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

Have lots of fun! You must post pictues when you get back. And try not to think about Myles too much, he'll be fine!

Debby said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful for you and Billy. I hope the weather is perfect in every way. You have a great trip planned. Myles will be fine & I'm sure you will come back all re-newed.

kristal.kelly said...

Woo hoo, good for you two! Enjoy your vacation to the fullest and use it as a time to reconnect with one another. I'm ecstatic for you:)

~~Mel~~ said...

You deserve this much needed vacation from the heat and everday life!

Send some heat our way please! lol.