Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm a new aunt!

My brother and his wife welcomed their first child last night, Riley James. He was a big boy (almost 9 lbs) and is completely healthy. This is the first niece/nephew on my side of the family and I am so excited to meet him. We plan to make the 2-hour drive Saturday.

I've not been blogging (or reading) as much lately due to pure busy-ness. I've been much busier at work for the past couple of weeks and we seem to have a lot going on at home as well, between kids' birthday parties (FOUR since mid-June) and spending time w/ friends.

I also haven't had as much inspiration in the topics area so that hasn't helped. I guess I'm in a bit of a funk, heavily questioning about my career path, still dealing w/ the miscarriage and the never-ending string of pregnant friends (as much as I hate it, I always wonder why me), struggling to properly parent an increasingly difficult 3 year-old and not feeling like I'm really doing anything (work or parenting) particularly well these days.

I guess we all go through these times. Let's just say I can't WAIT for this awful 3 year-old stage to be over!

5 comments:

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

That's wonderful news, congrats! He was a big boy!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog wanted to invite you to check out my site and let me know what you think of it from a mommy perspective: http://www.garagesalestracker.com

~~Mel~~ said...

Congrats on becoming an auntie!!! Love the name they chose...but of course I'm a little partial to "Riley" lol.

We all have our funk times...I hope your's doesn't last long.

Jaime said...

Congrats Auntie! That is very exciting news.... I'm with ya on the funk. It happens to everyone, sometimes its just a little harder to shake off than at other times..

I wanted to let you know that I have changed my blog name.... I am now atlanticmama.wordpress.com

My attempt at looking/feeling moreprofessional ;)

kristal.kelly said...

Congrats on the new nephew! I found out last week that I'll have another nephew in late November. So now I have 3 nieces and soon to be 4 nephews...wow!