Monday, July 20, 2009

Getting creative

One of the reasons I've slowed down my blogging is that I have decided to take up scrapbooking. I'm sure those people who know me are laughing right now as I am not a creative person when it comes to that type of thing. I'm creative at work, like with new ideas for events, promotions, headlines, etc., but about as bland as can be with fashion, decorating and other similar areas.

What started this is that I was going through photos on the computer recently and realized just how many amazing things we've done with Myles. And although they are documented in iPhoto, if our hard drive blew up, all of the proof of those memories would be lost. I was actually shocked to see all we've done!

So now I'm trying to start organizing it all through scrapbooking. If anyone has ideas, please share! I'm completely lost!

4 comments:

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

Well first off....have fun! Second, don't visit speciality scrapbooking stores, too expensive. Go to Michael's or Joann's. Also, surf ebay, a lot of people sell opened stuff for a paticular theme for cheap. I quite scrapping a while back, but miss it. Can't wait to see your creations!

Debby said...

For the short term, send your favorite photos onto a photo site like snapfish. Although I am good at printing my photos, I lost all of my comp stored pics of Lindsi as a baby when my computer crashed.
Now, EVERY time I d/l photos, I put my faves in a folder at snapfish. Since it is a site, they are safe from my computer crashes.
Good Luck!!

~~Mel~~ said...

Let me know how it goes...you know if you keep at it and stuff...

I've always wanted to scrapbook but just figure it will be one more thing I start and don't finish lol.

Yodeling Mama said...

Another fun craft idea to do with your kids is to make t-shirts with their art. Jaime, one of Yahoo!'s Yodeling Mamas, posted about creating wearable art.

Another one of the Yodeling Mamas does scrap booking, but she does it all online.