Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Vacation dreams

I have to stop talking about the daycare situation or I'm going to be sick. I have a message in to the director requesting a meeting. I haven't heard back yet but expect to have something scheduled by end of day.

I thought for this post I'd talk about vacationing with children. Billy and I used to choose our vacation destinations based on where we could find the hottest art scenes and where we could best experience God's glorious creation through outdoor activities. Not now. These days, it's all about which cities offer the best scene for kids...toddlers, to be exact.

Around Labor Day, we took a trip to Atlanta. We were able to stay with my good friend Julie (making the trip affordable) and found loads of great places to take Myles. It was perfect. So we're thinking now about next year. I found a great site operated by Disney, which gives detailed information about family-friendly cities, as well as tips on where to go if you visit and even where to stay and eat. We used it when planning our Atlanta trip and it did not steer me wrong.

As for next year, a lot will depend on the economic conditions and whether we can afford to travel. Also, we celebrate our 10-year wedding anniversary next September and were hoping to take a trip to Europe, just the two of us.

Do you have any favorite places to visit with your kids? I'd love to hear suggestions!

1 comment:

Debby said...

I'm going to check out the Disney site. I'm hoping to take the girls to CA next summer. We have loads of friends there. Probably start in SF & work our way down to SD, hitting Legoland & the SD zoo at some point.

I wanted to see Yosemite, but I might have to scale back & that will be the fisrt casualty. Mostly because "I" want to see Yosemite, but I'm sure it would be further down on the girls list of things to do.

And Europe??? Oh! How fun!!! WOW! Where did 10 years go????