Monday, December 8, 2008

Daycare situation comes to a head

Well, I have finally "had it" with the daycare situation. I won't get into a lot of detail here, but I am finally calling a meeting this week with the director. I am tired of being told that my child could have a behavioral disorder when he only acts out WHEN HE IS THERE! I am tired of getting that feeling every day when I pick him up that he is too much of a hassle for his one teacher (who I've had issues with practically from Day 1 and never said anything to the director) so she chooses to ignores him all day, then treats him punitively when he acts out. I am tired of worrying every day whether he's being scarred for life there by a teacher who clearly doesn't like him. I'm tired of knowing he's unhappy as a result.

The daycare director will hear it all this week. I guess we will see what happens.

4 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

uh oh! I didn't realize that was going on...thus it explains your post last week!

Debby said...

Good luck....I know you were concerned about the many different care givers he's had, but if this isn't right for him, then it isn't right. Don't be afraid to explore other options. I think a change to something that is a better fit would be better than keeping him in a place where he isn't happy.

Debby

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it is time to switch day cares.

Katy said...

I'm praying for you and Billy to have the guidance to make the right decision for Myles. :) HUGS!!