Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ice cream dream


When I arrived home last night from work (with Myles in tow), it was obvious we were not going to be sitting watching TV all night. You see, I mistakenly sent PIE with Myles for lunch, instead of the leftover chicken he'd been served Sunday night at his Meme's house. She sent me home with two different baggies Sunday night - one with pie and one with chicken. I forgot about the pie and when I went to grab his lunch on Monday morning, I grabbed the first thing I saw, which I thought was the chicken.

Our babysitter, Jade, had quite the laugh when I came to pick him up, asking if I was SURE that was chicken, as it smelled very sweet and looked a little like pie. So...my son ate applesauce and pie for lunch and was bouncing off the walls.

With the weather nice, Billy wanted to take his plane down to the park. Perfect opportunity to get out of the house! So the three of us loaded into the car for the half-mile ride. When we arrived, Myles and I jogged a lap around the track (with Myles yelling, "Mommy, RUN!") while Daddy flew his plane. We also sat on the grass and watched the plane soar and enjoyed the beautiful breeze. Once his batteries were spent, we decided to head down to Brewster's and get some ice cream. What the heck, might as well go all out on sweets today and with me besting my personal best running time earlier that day, I felt I could afford the calories!

Myles got a free "baby cone," since he is still under 40" tall. It had a scoop of vanilla ice cream that was dyed purple and it had lots of sprinkles and two dinosaur eyes planted on the top. He LOVED the colors! He loved the ice cream even more, as Billy and I did not even get a sniff! Then, when I started eating MY ice cream (after helping him with his), he threw the biggest fit ever that I had the nerve to eat a spoonful without giving him some. So basically, he went bite for bite with me until I finally just threw the rest away. My little boy loves his sweets, just like his Mommy! Now if he could only learn some manners...

1 comment:

Yellow Beads said...

I love the new blog! Welcome to the world of blogging :)