Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Atlanta-bound

We are going on a quick vacation this weekend! Friday afternoon, Billy, Myles and I will pile into my car and make the 7-hour drive to Atlanta. We're staying with one of my closest friends, Julie and her husband Bryan. We are thrilled. This will be Myles' first trip!

While I love seeing new places, I am not a good traveler. I H-A-T-E to fly and while I enjoy a good road trip, it doesn't sound too appealing with a toddler. And, to be fair to him, it doesn't sound like much fun for him. As a result, Myles has never been out of the state...actually, he's only been two places - Treasure Island, FL (about 2.5 miles to the southwest) and Ocala, FL (about 90 miles north). Now that we're rapidly approaching 2.5, we felt it was time and Atlanta was the perfect place to go!

While there, we are taking Myles to Six Flags Over Georgia, where they have a massive Thomas the Tank Engine area and lots of rides, many of which he can ride. We're also going to the Georgia Aquarium and the Imagine That! Children's Museum. I've already started hyping the trip up to Myles. He knows he's going to see Thomas the Train and "the sharks." He's getting excited, but not as excited as me!

More to come, along with lots of pictures!

3 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

oh fun, I can't wait to hear about it!!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the pics and here about it! I'm from ATL and we haven't been to the Aquarium yet (I think we may go at Thanksgiving!). HAVE FUN!

Debby said...

Jenna...I took the girls to the IMagine Children's Museum when we were there in Jan. The girls LOVED!!! it.

We actually just got back from Atlanta. If you have time (but it sounds like a VERY BUSY trip), you should take in Stone Mountain (the train, the cable car) & the laser show. I (personally) would choose that over 6 Flags for Myles.

Debby