Sunday, July 13, 2008

My date with Myles

So Billy's mother came to town this weekend for our niece's birthday tea party and decided to stay at our house after the party. Billy owed her a "date" for her birthday in June. They decided to go and see a 3-D movie, giving me and Myles the perfect chance for our own mother/son date.

Of course, Myles and I went on a date where the main attraction was food...a new gourmet cupcake shop in Waterford Lakes called "Sweet." OK, this is precisely why I had to confess in a recent blog about my poor ability to instill good eating habits. But when I heard about this place Friday night, there was no way I was passing it up! My cupcake was one of the most delicious, heavenly things I've ever tasted!!! And Myles got a "kids" cupcake, which was about half the size of mine but came with a side order of M&Ms and gummy bears. Holy cow, you could have heard a pin drop at our table! We were both simply swept away by this decadent food!

We're heading to Monkey Joe's later this afternoon for some fun bouncing and to run off some energy. Gramma Mac (Billy's mom) will be joining us. Here's to trying to squeeze out every last minute of fun from this weekend!

1 comment:

Yellow Beads said...

I was just talking to someone the other day and said there were no cupcake shops in Orlando--glad you were able to find one--yum!