Monday, July 7, 2008

Fireworks for the 4th

Myles spent July 2-July 5 sick. He caught pink eye and also had an ear infection, which required antibiotics that caused diarrhea. It was not a fun weekend. However, we did manage to get out to some 4th of July fireworks that night. He was up and down all weekend and that night happened to be an "up" so we took advantage. We stayed in the car for most of the fireworks display but he was able to see a nice sampling for about 15-20 minutes, before we decided to call it a night and try to beat the traffic out of there.

Poor little boy was so sick...it's put me back in the "no more kids" camp. What the heck would I do with TWO sick kids? Or even one sick kid and another one to try to entertain and keep well? How do people do it!? With me being as wishy-washy as I am on the topic, we're certainly not going to have another one soon. We need to feel much more strongly than this!

On a positive note, I'm very fortunate to have such an understanding boss. When the daycare called at noon on the 2nd, telling me I needed to pick him up, she didn't bat an eye. This makes it much easier to maintain a career. And fortunately, I'm never so buried in work that I can't make up for time missed due to a sick child. It's all-around the right situation for a working mom!

Here are a couple of photos from the weekend - one as we celebrated my dad's birthday and the other of Myles at a local Ocala park.

No comments: