Sunday, June 15, 2008

What to do for a great daddy


Today is Father's Day and I feel that we have so much to be thankful for with Billy. He is an amazing Daddy in every way you can imagine! He has taught me so much about parenting...mostly to relax and let Myles have fun and learn through experiences (good and bad). It is largely because of him that we stay so active as a family and find so many fun things to do. He is a person who can't stand to sit around and loves to be with others.

He is also a great teacher. He has a way of talking to Myles and showing him how things work that sticks. His patience is unmatched (especially by me) and his love is very, very deep for his son.

So what do you do for such an amazing man on his special day? I asked him that and didn't get a very clear answer (you often don't from men). So I decided to give him the gift of time. We all went to breakfast this morning with my parents. My dad is very ill so it's important to me to spend more time with him. Thankfully Billy is very understanding. He is now napping (a rarity) and I plan to hang out with Myles as much as he'd like. We're ordering Outback tonight - his favorite restaurant - and will probably eat it at a park somewhere, as long as it isn't too steaming hot. We do lots of family picnics at parks with nice playgrounds. It's generally cheap and lots of fun for Myles.

What are you doing for your husband (or dad)?

No comments: