Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We finished Kindermusik!

Myles is officially a Kindermusik graduate! We had our last class this morning with him still pretty much ignoring much of the structure of the class and choosing to run laps around the perimeter while occasionally bolting out the door and running down the hall. We probably won't sign up again (I don't think I could stand chasing after him like that for another 15 weeks) but it as a good experience and we came away with Myles understanding music better and even playing a few games to music (like the "fall down" game and "floating down the river"). I've looked into what else is available for children his age in this area and there is no shortage of options. We're considering taking swimming lessons again over the summer but it will largely depend on whether we can take an evening class and what the cost is. Unfortunately, like many other families, we are cutting back to cover expenses like gas and food. We're also considering putting him in a tumbling class, which I know he will enjoy. Of course, we were enrolled in Gymboree for a year so it is still around, as well as several Gymboree knock-offs like Little Gym.



What classes have your kids had good experiences with?

2 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

Myles is so active, your best bet is a gym, I would think. Have you checked out the new Monkey Joe's on Lake Howell Rd yet?

Unknown said...

My 5-year-old has been doing Yogabugs for 3 or 4 weeks now and absolutely loves it. 'It will make me calmer and cleverer' he informed me after his first session!